Cindy and I stayed at Blue Ridge Village 6/21-6/28/2019 in a one bedroom unit in building 9 unit G. The unit was located on the bottom floor, so we knew when we had neighbors upstairs. Our initial reaction to the unit was good.
We did notice a few issues though. There was no soap, shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom when we got there. Of course I was getting in the shower when I noticed. Luckily I had some that I brought. We also did not have sheets or blankets for the hide a bed, just a mattress cover and a pillow (no case). We had to stop by the office the next day to ask for them.
The first morning I managed to get in a few hours of fly fishing in the pond on the property. I managed to land one smallmouth bass about 5" long.
We had some friends join us and they brought their two kids along. The younger of the two seemed to live at the pool. We spent part of each day hanging out at the pool. The pool building needed some updating and repairs. The repair/rebuilding is scheduled to start soon.
There is construction going on down by the pond. It appeared they were replacing a retaining wall.
Activities we did in the area included:
- UTV Rides - this was a blast, everyone enjoyed it
- Linville Caverns - very neat tour. Nice and cool in the cavern
- Linville Falls - nice day hike, very scenic
- Grandfather Mountain - a nice guided audio tour, interesting exhibits, animals/birds, etc.
- Visited Boondocks in West Jefferson for some cold ones and a bite to eat
- Bayou Smokehouse and Grill for some good cajun & bbq.
|Blue Ridge Village™ — Banner Elk, North Carolina|
|ROOM SIZE/SEASON||Week Numbers||MON||TUE||WED||THU||FRI||SAT||SUN||WEEK|
|1 BEDROOM VILLA|
|2 BEDROOM LOFT or 2 BEDROOM VILLA|
|3 BEDROOM CABIN|
|4 BEDROOM (COMBINED 2 BEDROOM + 2 BEDROOM)|